This is the Official Texas Crock Pot Chili Recipe of The Pink Armadillo. It’s that awesome y’all. You’ll need a 6+ quart crock pot slow cooker. If your crock pot is smaller, use less beans so everything fits. Serves about 6 armadillos. Prep Time: 4.5 hours. Keeps great in the fridge for leftovers.
- 2-3 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 beer (something flavorful, like St. Arnold Amber)
- 1 can (27 oz) Pinto Beans
- 1 can (30 oz) Rosaritta Refried Beans (optional)
- 1 can (28oz) Hunts crushed tomatoes
- 2 Onions, diced
- 1-3 Jalapenos, sliced
- 2 Cloves Garlic, diced
- 4 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 5 shakes Tabasco Sauce
Other things you could add: diced bell pepper, or chopped bacon.
Serve With Your Choice:
- Corn Bread
- Sour Cream for topping
- Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese for topping
- Cilantro for topping
- Dice your onion.
- Slice your jalapeno. For milder chili, remove the seeds (we recommend wearing gloves or sandwich bags over your hands because the oils are hard to wash off).
- Put your hamburger, beer, pinto beans, refried beans, tomatoes, diced onion, sliced jalapenos, diced garlic, chili powder, and Tabasco sauce in the crock pot.
- Stir until well blended.
- Set crock pot to High, cook for about 4 hours.