Great news for beach goers this weekend! It may be raining across Houston, but the forecast for this weekend only mentions Saturday afternoon showers and partly cloudy weather for Sunday. PLUS, except for three beaches, bacteria levels across the Gulf Coast are within safe ranges.
Sylvan Beach South and Sylvan Beach North near La Port have tested Dangerously High for bacteria levels and should be avoided.
Stewart Beach Park #2, on Galveston, just off South Ferry Road, also tested Dangerously High.
Beaches within and surrounding Stewart Beach Park showed Medium Bacteria Elevations of bacteria, and should be avoided by people with compromised immune systems or open wounds.
Other Houston area beaches with Medium Bacteria Elevations include …
- 14th/15th Street off Seawall Blvd. in Galveston
- 18th/19th Street off Seawall Blvd. in Galveston
- Bob Hall Pier Seawall #6 in Padre Bali Park in Galveston
- East of Pleasure Pier off Seawall between 25th & 24th in Galveston
- SPI Fantasy off Gulf Blvd. on Padre Island