(UPDATED 9/1/17) We are working to create a map listing all the flooding evacuee shelters and distribution centers Texas state wide. It is our hope that this will help you can find a safe place to sleep, eat, shower, and find food and provisions … or volunteer and donate!
Blue Shelters are Open Shelters.
Pink Shelters have been confirmed as Pet Friendly.
Camo Green are Military Shelters.
Red Shelters are At Capacity / Full.
Purple Locations are Distribution Centers where you can find food, water, clothing, and other necessities.
Please call ahead and double check details of all locations. As needs arise and shelters reach capacity, their details and locations may change and we may not be notified.
We are doing are best to keep on top of updating our database, but frankly, things are developing very quickly. So, we need your help! Should you learn new information about any of these locations, or if you know of additional shelters or distribution centers, please email us so that we can update our map and share your information with others. Thank you for your help, and God bless.
For more information, check out our Hurricane Recovery Information Kit.
Hurricane Recovery How To Articles:
- Map of Flooded Houston Area Roads, Updated Daily
- Emergency & Recovery Assistance Contact Information
- Flood Safety Tips via Houston Police Department
- How To Get Flash Flood & Tornado Warnings Via Text
FIND SHELTER / FOOD / WATER / SUPPLIES:
HOME REPAIR & INSURANCE CLAIMS:
- FAQ on Filing a Flood Damage Insurance Claim
- How To Avoid Bad Contractors & Home Repair Scams
- How to File a Storm Damage Homeowners Insurance Claim
FINANCIAL AID & UNEMPLOYMENT
- FEMA: How To File For Disaster Unemployment Through
- Texas Workforce Commission: File Online For Disaster Unemployment (separate from FEMA)
- Job Openings Post Harvey (email us to submit job openings)
NETWORKING & RESOURCES:
DONATION & VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES: